Planning to get rid of your stale loaf? Wait! Not after this recipe at least 🙂
This pud’s also a savior during those sunny, rainy or wintery days when you are overtaken by boredom and fancy dessert recipes are just not what you wanna do.
Cut, whisk, pour, bake. Easy peasy 🙂
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 – 60 mins
Serves: 10. Not if your guys go for seconds
250 gm stale bread or loaf, roughly cut into 2 cm cubes. I ain’t that dexterous, nor patient. So I prefer tearing
100 gm chocolate chips
500 ml milk
135 ml cream
50 gms granulated sugar
2 tps castor sugar – for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease an ovenproof dish lightly with butter. Don’t worry if you forget greasing. I did 😛
2. Roughly mound the cut pieces of bread.
3. Toss in the chocolate chips so that they spread evenly among the bread cubes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream and granulated sugar.
5. Pour this thick creamy mixture evenly over the bread and leave it to soak for 15-20 minutes
6. Sprinkle the castor sugar.
7. Leave it in the oven for 50-55 mins till you see it rising and the surface looks browned.
8. Sit the pudding for 10 mins before serving.
Now gobble and go bonkers. It’s one such crazily yummy pud, no 🙂
Leave a Reply