This creamy, less spicy, coconut milk based recipe is a popular dish along the Konkan coast. Its flavors can be exploited best when served with steamed fragrant jasmine rice. It also makes a perfect combo with Dosas and Appams.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
6 free range eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
400 ml coconut milk
2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 inches fresh ginger, shredded
2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
Corriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp sugar
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan or kadhai. Add the whole eggs and fry on medium heat for couple of minutes.
2. Take the eggs out and leave them in a plate or on a grease-proof paper.
3. In the same pan, add onions and fry till soft and translucent. Then add ginger and chillies and fry.
4. Add turmeric powder and chili powder and fry till aromatic.
5. Now toss the eggs back into the pan and let them cook in the spices for couple of minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk and salt and let the curry simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add a splash of water if you feel the gravy is too thick.
7. Lastly, sprinkle the garam masala and sugar and garnish with coriander.
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.