Amazing, drool-worthy, yummilious! Crispy on the outside, warm and melty on the inside, my BBJ – grilled Banana Blueberry Jam sandwich makes for a superbly delicious and incredibly satisfying snack or dessert.
There isn’t a specific time to gobble on this really. Pack it up in your lunchbox, chomp on alongside milk or just dig your teeth into whenever you feel. Lifts up the mood immediately. Also, it’s the quickest snack you can make when you call your pals over for a coffee. They’ll be mighty impressed, I bet 🙂
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 🙂
2 slices whole-wheat, multigrain or white bread
Half just-ripe banana, sliced. Shouldn’t be too gooey
1 tbsp blueberry jam
1 tbsp butter
1. Heat a skillet or grill pan on medium.
2. Spread the jam on to one slice of bread and butter on the other
3. Arrange the banana slices on the jam and cover it up with the buttered slice.
4. Slightly press the sandwich so the entire thing is held in place.
5. Place it on the pan, give a little press and grill till golden-brown. This may take couple of minutes.
Lower the heat if you feel it’s browning too quickly.
6. Now flip it over and grill the other side.
7. Repeat until you achieve your desired crispiness.
8. Slice it in half and serve…immediately…before it goes soft and soggy.
Instead of Blueberry jam, you can also slather Nutella, strawberry jam or mix fruit jam.
Leave a Reply